Sunday, January 4, 2009

We're back!

And so is puppy. (In case you have no idea what I am talking about you can click here.)

He not only made the trip with us this holiday, he has reclaimed his position as favored stuffed animal. We'll see how long that lasts. He has some fierce competition from sock monkey.




We had a wonderful time over the past few weeks, and now are ready to move into the new year. I have lots of fun blog post ideas that hopefully will come to fruition, and lots of pictures to share with you from our holiday travels. Unfortunately, I left my camera behind at one Grandma's house, and so we have no pictures of our Christmas celebration with James family. I also forgot to take pictures of the week Jacob and Kate were here...... Oops.



But I did remember to take some yesterday as we packed up all our Christmas decor. It always makes me a little sad and nostalgic to say goodbye to them all for a full year. Especially this Christmas. I feel like I was so busy I didn't really have time to just relax and soak up the little moments of the season. I will have to rethink my priorities next year. Maybe forget the handmade gifts........ or the purse shows......or here's a brilliant one - maybe start sewing in July instead of November. Now that's a thought.


January also marks a full year of blogging for me, something I never, ever thought I would do. So keep checking, I may have to do some fun giveaways to celebrate!



Yesterday found Aidan sitting on the toilet bawling his head off. After all the "are you, hurt? are you okay?" etc, he finally sobbed a few words, "I miss my friends and my family so much!" I guess even though I am reveling in the quietness and routine, it was all a little anti-climatic for the poor kid. I foresee alot of cards, sledding and forts in the next few weeks.

So I better go, He is waiting for me, cards in hand!

3 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

good to hear from you at last!! tell aidan nana and charlie send along big hugs just for him.

jenica said...

Happy new year to you! I'm glad you made it through the hub bub.
And happy blog anniversary! You are a great blogger and I love clicking in on you.
I think you inspired me to make more homemade gifts next Christmas. So don't quit! I made a few this year and they were the most fun to give. But yeah, I told myself if I do, I better start right now.

BruinsDoins said...

Aiden sounds like such a sweetie! What a cute story. I can totally empathize with him missing all the friends and family, and also with you in enjoying the renewed calm and quiet. sigh.