Sunday, March 22, 2009

The past few weeks

I am so ready for spring. We have enjoyed some warm weather over the past few days, giving us all a little spring fever, and my fingers are itching to work in all of my flowerbeds. We have had a busy past few weeks, lots of friends, lots of work, lots of busyness. I have been working extra to cover some maternity leave and vacation- the joys of management. I haven't quite gotten into my groove yet, and every night I wonder how working moms do it. I actually have unfolded laundry in my dryer and dirty dishes on my counter next to the sink. My - how the might have fallen. We also had strep again this week for the bazillioneth time this winter, I had my first experience with a (polite) robber and that is just the tip of the iceberg!


But the good news is I finally had some time to sit down and sew and catch up on a few orders. Hopefully I won't lost my momentum because I have a show in a few weeks, and my sewing room is almost empty.








Here are some of the purses I finished this week.....

I think this is one of the cutest diaper bags I ever made.... (is it okay to say that about my own handiwork?)

This super fun market bag is made from towels I bought on clearance at Anthropologie.

Hopefully there will be more to come and a few to add to my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

Jill said...

very nice... like the diaper bag alot too! My oldest recently took a pink bandana and made a purse outa it, complete with handles and fringed. I tried explaining to her the next time she makes a purse we should think about lining it to make it stronger. So we found a free pattern online for a cute bad with a pleat down the front but it has 4 linings! Do yours have that?? Think it just might be easier to sign them up for some classes somewhere.

downthegardenpath said...

any chance that you have more fabric from the first bag pictured??

Valerie said...

These are lovely. Have you thought about making pillows in addition to bags?