Thursday, September 10, 2009

Unbelievable.

This is one of the pictures we downloaded from the camera five years ago today! Wow- digital photography has come a long way!




So has this boy! I am so proud of him! He started Kindergarten today at Yinghua Academy, a Chinese immersion school in Minneapolis.

He completed all the little chores on his list- like picking up his laundry, packing his backpack, etc, dressed himself and was ready to go.





We struggled a little with the belt, refused to tuck the shirt in because "kids will make fun of me." (Where on earth does that come from?) He tied his own shoes, put a scarf around his neck and was out the door.





I admit, I cried a few tears, I just can't help myself. For one thing, I always thought maybe I would have another one at home when Aidan went off to school, and it is also hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that this is the beginning of a whole new chapter in his life, and he is no longer my little boy.




I better end this post or my tears might short out the keyboard.


To distract myself from missing my pal, I have the next two days planned to the brim. I am going Estate saling this morning, so hopefully I will have a good report later for you - both about Aidan's first day of school and the treasures I hope to find!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

What a day for mixed emotions. So glad you had time to post your thoughts and photos.

I have been sick off and on for the past 3 weeks or so (more on than off) but have been confined to my house for the week. Just finished the long drawn out process of getting internet installed. Cannot wait to catch up.

He looks so cute and confident! You realize you made him that way, right? Be proud!

downthegardenpath said...

love the scarf!!

i had so much fun last night listening to his take on the list of chores and his container that will keep hot food hot or cold food cold.

and i agree with valerie - you've raised a fine young man-in-the-making.

what do you remember about your first day of school??

Anonymous said...

Hi He is ahandsome little man. Granma's are a whole bunch proud of him. Thanks for the weekend. Love Ya

jess said...

Oh hugs to you. I cried for two weeks straight when Lexie first went to school. The other kids finally started to ask when I thought I wouldn't cry anymore. Enjoy this year. IT's magical!