Saturday, October 10, 2009

SNOW?????

When you wake up and it looks like this outside,




you know it is going to be a good day for homemade chicken noodle soup.
This has been one of Aidan's favorite foods lately and he enjoyed the canned version in his lunch all week.


Now he will have some of "the good stuff" next week. Little does he know, but I added some leeks, celeriac root and turnips along with the carrots, peas and corn. I also added the rest of the
basil pesto I made this week. I had planned to make more pesto to freeze, but I didn't cover my basil plants up last night because I didn't really believe the weather man........... so in other words, no more pesto. But - we will have lots of soup to enjoy this week. I hope you all are staying warm too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your folks alot more than that! Love ya

Valerie said...

Temperatures here dropped into the high 70s last night...our equivalent of snow!