Monday, December 21, 2009

Almost done!

I am trying to finish up some last minute baking and gift making. Aidan and I decorated cookies.....



I made some Bailey's,





Bois Boudron Sauce


(these jars are still too hot for their labels!)



and Hot Cocoa.



The sauce is one we tasted at Spoonriver. All of us adults were politely eating our salmon, salads and beet ravioli when one of us thought to taste Aidan's burger and sauce. Whoever the original taster was almost whooped with delight it was so good, and then we all swooped in like vultures and pretty much licked his plate clean! Barb then found us the recipe online and I am hoping that it will "wow" the people I made it for as much as we were wowed by it.


I suppose I could share the recipe too............. maybe after Christmas.
Remind me.



Making Bailey's is a big treat. I have a secret ingredient which I can share with you too. (since I am holding out on the sauce recipe!) I start making coffee liqueur mid-summer so that it's ready when it is finally time to make the Bailey's and I use that in place of the instant coffee. I think it is worth the extra trouble!



And finally.... the hot cocoa. Last year I shared barb's recipe for a refrigerated version of hot cocoa which is still, by far, the best you can make. The only drawback is that it needs to be refrigerated which isn't always handy when you are trying to dole out gifts. I read a few recipes online and this is what I came up with.







You can see the ingredients are pictured above.





One large can Swiss Miss


One jar powdered vanilla creamer

One jar chocolate flavored malted milk powder

One half can of Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa.

Combine in food processor or blender until there are no lumps.

Then, stir in one bag of miniature chocolate chips. (don't blend them, leave them whole.)

This made about 8 small jars for me to give away. The cocoa was rich and creamy. I think it would probably by really good if you added instant coffee and made homemade cappuccino mix. Next year, right?

What about you? Are you almost done?

1 comment:

downthegardenpath said...

you're making me dizzy!! all these projects and blogging!!