Sunday, February 27, 2011

J.Jill - what are you doing?????


I have always loved J.Jill. Linen is one of my favorite fabrics to wear and they usually have a great selection. It seems like lately, however, they have crossed a line and gone from carefree beach linen to this. (They also have had jumpers earlier this year which a kind friend totally talked me out of.)


What on earth? Even if the 80's are back, I thought one of the lessons we learned from that era was that grown women should not wear bib overalls? (I am sorry if any of you already went out and bought a pair, I just had to share my opinion. (And no, I don't think I will change my mind the way I did with skinny jeans.)

In the meantime I have a gift card just sitting in my purse. Aidan and I keep stopping in to the store- he throws some pennies in the fountain and I wander around and shake my head in dismay at the choices for this spring. I just hope my gift card doesn't have an expiration date.........

4 comments:

Barb said...

I would definitely have to agree about J. Jill and the overalls. Perhaps some jewelry for you?

~ Mary said...

I must admit that somewhere in the storage shed is an entire bin of jumpers waiting to come back in style... Somehow I doubt if I'd ever wear them, but there's no point in even donating them until somebody starts wearing them again.

swell.life said...

ok. this is ridiculous. i know i swore i wouldn't wear jeggings...but SERIOUSLY, i'm not doing overalls ever again. yikes.

Stephanie said...

Oooh, I love the term "kind friend", Priscilla usually uses the term "snotty sister" when I diss her fashion choices. I used to have some pretty awesome green cord overalls.. and I remember them being pretty comfy! Maybe you will have to do some of the talking out of this time.