Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas



This Christmas has been a little different than most.

No cards sent out this year, no holiday parties or holiday baking..... just a few precious moments shared.


One of my favorite traditions is sleeping under the tree with Aidan. It is a tradition we enjoy ever year..... sometimes for one or two nights, sometimes for a month.




We listen to Christmas music, watch a Christmas movie (or two) tell secrets and speculate about the coming year.


The next year is certain to be full of changes, and some real life, tough grown up decisions. Not the kind you envision making when you dream of our future.




However, I do have much to be thankful for. Especially that little boy who is sleeping under the tree. I think i need to go now and give him a squeeze.

Merry Christmas.



4 comments:

jenica said...

Merry Christmas! I hope your day is special. I am praying for your road ahead.

ilona said...

Sweet! And sad. And impressive that you found time for a post!

Katie said...

Merry Christmas!! Praying for this new year for you! And I love the tradition of sleeping under the tree.

jess said...

Honest thoughts from a hurting heart... Praying for you and your future. HUG.

I love that you are relishing everything about Christmas that you can with that amazing boy you've been blessed with. That's one miracle you can always count on.