Friday, August 8, 2008

Fresh Bruschetta


This has been one of my favorite foods this summer. I love fresh brushcetta so much that sometimes I sit and think about it, the way you would think about ice cream, or your favorite dessert. And many times this summer I have buzzed into the grocery store just to buy enough supplies to have a little for dinner. I can't help it, it is one of my current obsessions. I was going to try and copy a "real" recipe into my post, but I couldn't find one I liked, so I will just give you directions so you can know how I make it......but just so you know, the ingredients aren't really precisely measured. Sorry. That's just how I cook! Just remember, fresh ingredients is the key to making this recipe.


Fresh Bruschetta


2-3 garden ripe fresh tomatoes, chopped into bite size pieces

1 ball fresh mozzarella

handful of fresh basil, torn up into little pieces

1-2 "glugs" olive oil

1-2 "glugs" balsamic vinegar

fresh grated pepper - to taste

sea salt - to taste


That's it. Stir those ingredients together, and serve on toasted baguettes, or toasted french bread.

No comments: