Sunday, April 17, 2011


I didn't mean to stay away so long. i just was caught up in the busyness of life - lots of weekends away, weekends with company and projects. I know I am seem like I am a little over-the-top with the projects right now but once spring comes I want to be outside so I am trying to finish up my indoor projects while it is still cold and snowy out. (because, yes, as my local friends can attest, it did snow this weekend!)



However, right now the sun is shining and I want to get outside and clean out some of my gardens.




I had planned to catch up on blogging/emails/photo editing today but our internet was down for a few hours and I lost my opportunity. Hopefully the stars will align and I will have time again later this week, but in the meantime I will leave you with a funny story.




My parents came last weekend to celebrate Aidan's birthday and my Dad also taught me how to change light fixtures. In typical fashion I decided to go hog-wild and change out all the lights in our downstairs. (You can buy them uber-cheap at IKEA.)



I even changed out the lights in the bedroom closet, and I thought I was pretty smart to install a track-type lighting that had adjustable beams that could be directed right at the clothes. However I failed to take into account the fact that the light fixture is rather close to the bathroom door and so...... yeah........ you can no longer open the door. (or iron, as our ironing board is on the back of the door.)

So I guess I am not done. I need to make another little trip to IKEA and pick up a few smaller lights.


And if you are ever in the area and you need a place to stay..... I also upgraded the lighting in my guest bedroom - it even has a dimmer switch.









3 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

great story!

Liv said...

diCould I pretend that I was from out of town, just to stay in that gorgeous guest room? I think I am in love with your house.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the chandelier in your guest room? I have had that on my Christmas/Birthday/Please,Please,Please list for forever for my gray guestroom! Gorgeous!