Monday, October 17, 2011

we went to the apple orchard






we bought lots of apples and Aidan is a champion apple corer/slicer/peeler.



I had bought one of these a few years ago, but it was still in the box. we know boys like to play with machines, especially sharp ones, so he thought that peeling apples was pretty fun.



all i can say is amazing. thanks to my machine (and my little operator) i now have bags and bags of sliced apples in the freezer and lots of applesauce too.





i love the way the house smells when you are making applesauce.







you will have to stop in for some apple pie.

3 comments:

jenica said...

I just used my same machine today and made applesauce in the crockpot.

I wish I could come over for some pie, but I will say, I'm glad to visit you here again. =)

ilona said...

Apple pie sounds wonderful! (Throw one in the car for this weekend?!?)

Valerie said...

Hmmmm...I left a comment here yesterday, too. I need to pay more attention to what I am doing. What I said was I was thrilled to see your posts and photos. Thank you, thank you, thank you.