Sunday, February 10, 2008

To moms




This week my good friend's mom passed away. She was diagnosed with cancer less than six months ago. My heart aches for my friend, and her little children who will probably never remember their Grandma, and for all the other memories they won't be able to make. It's also sobering as i think of my own life. James and i hit the big 30 this year... i know... it is not so old. But i think about our whole circle of friends, and their families, and i know that this is only the beginning, as we all grow older together. Most of us have lost our grandparents, and soon it will be time to start taking our parents to doctor appointments. I guess what i want to say is, appreciate your parents while you can, send a letter, call them while they can still pick up the phone, take a trip and spend a weekend. Most of all, value the time you have together.

2 comments:

Fairlightday said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Mom's and grandmom's are one of life's greatest blessings. I don't know where I would be without mine.
I wanted to let you know that you are one of the lovely ladies I will be sending something to! Shoot me an e-mail at:
fairlightday AT hotmail DOT com
and check out the blog for some addition instructions. :)
Have a lovely day,
Fairlight

downthegardenpath said...

that was sweet.