Monday, May 17, 2010

Conversations



James is out of town so Aidan gets to sleep in our bed. I decided to take a little break and go to bed early too..... but of course we chatted for awhile until we both drifted off to sleep.





Aidan: Mom- what was your happiest day ever?





Me: Hmmm, I think the day you were born.





Aidan: Really? Want to know what my happiest day is?





Me: Sure - tell me all about it.





Aidan: The day I get my dog - the dog from Grandpa and Nana. I can't wait!





Me: But Aidan, we might not get that dog. Besides, Daddy and Mitch thought it was really ugly. (Mitch being the neighbor)





Aidan: I know, but they'll get used to it, just like you do when you meet ugly people but they are nice.



8 comments:

Jill said...

that is too funny! yes- I agree that is an ugly dog. get an American bulldog- good family dog. :)

Sarah said...

I just love that your little boy is asking you questions like that! He is one sweet kid! funny, too!

MommaMindy said...

Kids are amazingly honest, aren't they? I'm still smiling about his thoughts on "getting used to ugly people." Hm...I think they say the things we think and don't dare say out loud. :)

downthegardenpath said...

Let's set aside Aidan's observations for a minute and take a look at the dog - I don't think she's ugly....
Now, back to Aidan. Quite the philosopher you guys are raising!!

Anonymous said...

This is of course if Saddie doesn't fit in at the nursing facility as you recall it is conditional.

bethany said...

Cannot...stop...giggling! :)

Such a hilariously true comment...but not something I'd have thought a small squirt would have theorized about just yet! :)

Go, Aidan!

jess said...

Aiden makes me smile. What a precious boy!

Jennifer said...

Too cute!! What a sweet memory to savor forever!