Friday, May 14, 2010

I can't complain

about how busy I am because it is of my own doing. It is hard enough to balance family, friends and work, and then throw planning and participating in an art fair and orchestrating a big celebration for nurses week into the mix along with a sick kid (and a sick me) and you end up with piles of dust on the floor and a trail of threads throughout my house.











Next week, however, will be a different story. I will clean my house, put away my Easter decorations, work in my yard and sit. As a matter of fact I plan on spending an entire day sitting on my deck in the sun reading a book.











In the meantime here is a little peak at what I have been doing the past few weeks. Sadly we haven't had much sun so my pictures aren't the greatest. So if you want to see the real beauty of these bags you might have to come to the art fair tomorrow.





I made two of these bags out of dish towels I picked up at Anthro on clearance last year. I love them, and they each have a little vintage stickpin for some added embellishment.







Since the art fair is at a Chinese school I thought it only fitting that I sew using some oriental fabrics. I admit I am not exactly a big fan of oriental design, but I think this vintage barkcloth is a great blend of the vintage (that I love) and oriental influence (that hopefully my shoppers will love!) I am counting on them being a hit; I have five different bags made from this fabric. I am sad to say I used it all up....... so please don't ask me for a custom order! I have my eye on one and part of me is hoping it doesn't sell.



Here's a blurry picture of my sewing room doors. And this is only a small taste of what I have been working on.
Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It is SUCH a good thing that I don't live closer. I would get into so much trouble! All of those bags are so cute!