Monday, October 6, 2008

Bread Baking


This post is for Jenica. I tried her bread recipe for dinner tonight and it was soooo good! I had to plan ahead a little.... (the bread has to rise for almost a whole day) but I must say my result was much better than all the recipes I have attempted out of this book. And, Jenica's bread only takes a few minutes to make, whereas these breads sucked days out of my life.




So, if you are looking for a great recipe to make crispy-crusted, yet moist and chewy artisan bread, click on Jenica's link. I tried mine with half whole wheat and some oat bran, and tonight Aidan and I mixed up another loaf with apples and cinnamon for dinner tomorrow.


Note- I was trying to take a picture of the loaf of bread, but Aidan and James thought that would be too boring, thus Aidan's head is in the pictures. But I think that makes the bread look even better, don't you?

4 comments:

Barb said...

I have made this bread and it
is good. There is a guy who sells bread at the DSM Farmer's Market. I think he uses the Mark Bittman recipe with modifications: dried apricots and sage, flax seed and seeds, etc. The loaves are all shaped the same. He sells them for $7 and $8 a loaf!

Barb

downthegardenpath said...

i was thumbing through a cookbook last night and decided it was time to bake some bread. this sounds too good not to try.

Kari said...

This looks soo yummy! I have also used Jenica's recpie and love it. I like that you used other ingredients and it still turned out great. Thanks for the ideas.

jenica said...

That's so sweet that you call it my bread.;) I must have gotten the link from somewhere out in blogland...and NY Times really talked it up. And it's SO easy.

I'm going to take your idea and add some different ingredients!