Monday, October 27, 2008

SWAP II


Well, I finished my lap quilt last night, and put it in the mail this morning. My swap partner, Shannon sent me lots of blue fabrics, which was fun because blue is not a color I do a whole lot with, so it was good for me to branch out. I also mixed in some vintage chenille and retro tablecloths too.... I hope she likes it.


The "rules" suggested you handstitch your quilt binding, which I did, and it turned out rather nicely. My corners need some improvement however, so if anyone has a good tip feel free to email me.

Hopefully my other swap partner gets my quilt in the mail this week too. I am so excited to see it. I am already planning to make some throw pillows to match. (in all my spare time.)





(P.S. If you are wondering what on earth I am talking about, you can click here and here. )

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I was wondering what you meant by "partner"! :)

Kelly said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I really liked the applique I did and hope my partner does too - we'll see. I've lost her address and so it's sitting here at my desk, waiting for an email....

Did you enjoy doing the binding? I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was, this being my first experience doing binding the "official" way on a quilt.

So, hello from across the river (the Minnesota River, that is, down here in Eagan)!