Saturday, October 25, 2008

This is where










I spent my day.

I would love to say I sold out, but I have to admit, today's show was a bust. I have participated in this show two years in a row now....... I am not thinking I see a third in my future.


But the good news is I have plenty of items to restock the shops I am in, and I have a jump start on my next show, which promises to be much more successful. I also was able to catch up on some reading and sort through my massive piles of mail and magazines.



I am trying to branch out from bags this year and have more of a variety of items. Scarves have been a big hit, and I have also made some mittens, cloth napkins, dish towels, baby blankets, onesies, bibs..... all sorts of items. I had hoped to come home today with a good feel for how those other items would sell, but no such luck.
Next time, right?














































5 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow...lots to choose from. Love the colors and fabrics. Were you able to observe what attendees at this fair were buying? What was the competition in your "division" as it were? (And, no, James did not put me up to asking this questions.)

Secondstreetdesigns said...

Oh- there was no competition, let me tell you. It was more of a typical craft fair.

Stephanie said...

Naphtali.. please tell me you still have that blue silkish clutch with cream and green! I love it! If you still have it, I would love to buy it.

Secondstreetdesigns said...

You mean the 3rd photo from the bottom? I do have it. Do you want me to put it on Etsy as a reserved listing? Or do you want to come by and get it? and (not to seem rude...) which Stephanie am I talking to???? I kinda know a couple.

jenica said...

Gorgeous! I will be back when I have a little more time to ooogle...