Sunday, November 27, 2011

busy



I bought a vintage quilt at the thrift store a few years ago for 1.49. It was kind of falling apart and I thought to myself, "I will cut it up and make something."


The problem was, it was so cute I couldn't bear to cut it and we have used it for snuggling on the downstairs couch for the last few years.

However, now that we have Proton, it ends up in the wash much more frequently and has pretty much fallen apart. So this weekend it was transformed into Christmas stockings. Aren't they sweet?





I also decided to "knock off" Anthropologie's paper Christmas tree. I found some old books at the thrift store and used caramel apples sticks as the post. I was going to sell them at the Holiday Boutique but I think I like them too much to part with them. Guess I need to make some more.




not bad, eh?




5 comments:

Valerie said...

Sweet stockings and good looking trees. Definitely make more.

Liv said...

I'm going to make some of those trees too, I love them and the stockings are darling.

ilona said...

!Cute stuff Naphtali! I will miss the quilt...(would you believe my word verification thingy is "pupsters"?) Love the trees.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have an old quilt Grandma J gave to Granpa and Iwhen we were first married.It's kinda rough around the edges but u could make something with if u want it let me know.

Barb said...

Love the trees!