Monday, February 28, 2011

i haven't been blogging........

because I have been a busy lady. Somehow the month of February passed me by and I only had four blog - posts! Yes - I am way behind but I think if you keep reading you might understand why.


This is my downstairs. Or rather it used to be. If you look closely at the photo above you can see the stud lines shadowed through the paint. (I have done a lot of reading and it is caused by candles......... so no more candles in my house. My whole downstairs has those lines and my kitchen is starting to get them as well. I also learned that faux silver frames leave horrid marks on the wall.)

The color of our lower level is a combination of eight years of painting. I really did love our downstairs, although now looking at the pictures it looks really intense!


The stud-lines in our bedroom were really showing and I started the transformation there. This is a picture mid paint job. The room is now deep cleaned, (even the blinds) the mattress flipped and the entire room and ceiling are coated in a fresh white.


The decor in this room was already white - I just painted the rest of the furniture white and got rid of a lot of the "trinkets."

Our downstairs....... trying to pick the perfect white sample. I ended up with the same color as the bedroom. ( Which means I will have less cans of paint to keep on hand.) (Oh - and the rug is Cutting Garden by Capel if any one is looking for a rug. It is going on Craigslist. It has been featured in many a BHG magazine article........) (Insert smiley face here.)



And now drumroll please ..........

some junk on my wall from Hunt & Gather.


This picture has pretty bad lighting but you can see I repainted my buffet and the lampshade in white, and then I also covered the lampshade with some linen. (well...... not really linen. Paint tarps which feel and look a lot like linen, for the same cost as a yard of good linen. I bought two huge tarps and I am planning to slipcover my robin-egg blue chairs. My Mom thinks I can do it. I am not entirely convinced. ) My next project will be the stairs which you see on the left. The runner is from Dash & Albert and I haven't decided if I am going to sell it or keep it to sew into bags like this one. I just don't know if my machine can handle sewing through the heavy layers of cotton. But wouldn't it make a perfect beach bag?


I did find some junk at Hunt and Gather, but all this "junk" was already in my house, I just did some rearranging.


As was all this "junk."



The only real money I spent was on my $100 IKEA rug and some paint. (And a little "junk" at H & G.) Otherwise, I just rounded up items from around my house and put them to work. I am already in love with this room for one reason: the rug doesn't track dirt so I have gone the whole week without vacuuming it. I also cleared out a lot of the little items that took up floorspace so I have less to clean around as well.


This week I need to finish painting the ceiling in this room and then we will see what comes next..........

5 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

Wow! That last picture really brings home the change in the basement - nice job! And, yes, if you can put together the lovely bags you make, you can make slipcovers for those chairs. I'm already looking forward to the pictures.

Hannah said...

you have been very busy!
I alwasy hate the begging of painting a room, but when its finnished I am alwasy glad it got painted! =)

Liv said...

Looks so good, what a beautiful home.

Liv said...

Looks so good, what a beautiful home.

swell.life said...

great work! the white buffet is my very favorite feature. and your couch looks extra fabulous against the white. love love love!

i seriously need a tour...