Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chocolate anyone?


Recently a friend and I were discussing dessert ideas and somehow she reminded me of one of my favorite dessert recipes that has been "in my pocket" the last few years.


I had a bunch of ladies over for dessert the other night and we enjoyed them again - although I had forgotten how rich they were and I could barely eat half of mine! I must be getting older.


Sadly, I did not take a picture for you, but I am sure you can imagine gooey chocolate goodness, and I usually serve them with ice cream and fudge sauce.


Also - they are a great make-in-advance type of recipe. I actually used to be so into being ready for guests I always had a dozen in the freezer. But then I found that the dough tastes amazing frozen when you need a before bedtime chocolate snack, so I had to put a stop to my over-preparedness before it caught up with me.


I found the original recipe here. I hope you enjoy them!



Ingredients:
Makes 4 servings
Butter for ramekins
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup superfine sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white chocolate chips



Place baking sheet in an oven preheated to 400°. Butter four 2/3-cup ramekins and set aside.Using a microwave oven or double boiler, melt together the semisweet chocolate and the butter. Set aside to cool.In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and flour. Add cooled chocolate mixture, and mix until blended. Fold in white chocolate chips.Divide mixture evenly among ramekins and place on baking sheet. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked and chocolate beneath is hot and gooey, about 20 minutes. Place each ramekin on a small plate with a teaspoon and serve, reminding children that ramekins and chocolate are hot.


(P.S. I have tried varying the recipe many times. I love using dark chocolate and ancho chili powder, using mint chips, adding espresso powder, vanilla, etc. All with fabulous results!)

3 comments:

Micah said...

oh yum...those sound absolutely delish!!!

jenica said...

Ok, I'm going to put my kids to bed and make this for Hubby and I asap. Do you think I could 1/2 the recipe? I think I'll try!
Thanks for making my night!

MaryBeth said...

i can testify...i was one of those "ladies" and it was delicious! Thanks again Naphtali for having us over :)