Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Obsessed!








Okay.... so maybe I am going a little overboard with the empty frames....... but I can't help myself - I just keep hanging them all around our living room. I had amassed quite a pile of them over the summer in anticipation of the living room change, and I can't quite bring myself to part with the ones I don't need. So for now they are randomly framing things around the room.

Today I ended up having a free day at home because Aidan is home sick again, so I finally took the time to hang some pictures on "my big wall" instead of just leaving them stacked because in a few short days the living room will be rearranged to accommodate a Christmas tree. Two of the pictures you see on the wall are waiting to be custom framed, so in the meantime they are just taped to the wall in their plastic protective sheets. And the frame in the top picture also makes the mirror look horribly imbalanced, so I will have to keep my eye out for a solution!


And for those of you who endured this post to the end I also have a giveaway.

I love this poster, and I hope at least one of you loves it too!


I will leave the drawing open through the weekend. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment with your favorite decorating color. (And FYI- your poster will come unframed.)






7 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

looks like everything is shaping up - i especially like the small branchy thing in the frame by the bookshelf. elegant room.

Stephanie said...

I can't figure out where the frame is in the top picture...but the other frames look great! I love that room! I can't wait to paint with my new gray paint!! Currently my favorite accent color to decorate with is goldish. Since I have already put up some Christmas decorations, I'm obsessed with it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jill said...

I've been thinking about gray walls with dark purple for the girls room... but soo much work! Looks good though! I'm into red and turquiose lately and always some copper- goldish colors!

Barb said...

My fav color these days is gold for accent pieces such as pillows, frames.

Good luck as you work on your chair with your mom.

Susie said...

I like a golden khaki color, Browns, earthy greens, warm browny reds and cool vintag-y blues
What a cute warm blog! I'm so glad I clicked on Sarah's link!

bethany said...

Eeek! I'm late! But I had to say:

A. You can NEVER have too many empty frames...these look adorable! I love the horizontal frame with the oval inside...genius!

B. I hope you're feeling better! I was home sick all afternoon...absolutely no fun!

C. Love your giveaway! My favorite decor colors are spring green and baby blue...I'm SUCH a sucker for them! (The blue of that poster is divine!)

Lily of the Valley said...

In terms of frame color, I've been using loads of black; perhaps I'll call that my favorite for now. For mats, I use what flatters the object being framed.