Saturday, November 13, 2010

morning surprise






It is mid-November. My mums are still alive, I can still pick herbs out of my garden and the pots on my deck, we went for a bike-ride last week. I am still heading to work barefooted in my shoes and Aidan has yet to wear a jacket to school. That is why I didn't really get too concerned when the forecast predicted lots of snow for us.






Look what we woke up to!



This is the view from our bedroom window and one of my favorite scenes every year. Our backyard almost looks magical when the trees are all frosted in white and today the leaves we failed to rake up are also blanketed in fresh white coat . (So is our deck furniture and garden ornaments......... oops.)









But today we will just forget about all the unfinished work under the snow and instead we are going to build a giant snowman.









Better go - Aidan is already outside waiting for me!

2 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

I just saw the reports and had emailed hoping you were all warm and safe. Glad to know everything is magical - hold that thought - it's a looong time til spring!

Stephanie said...

I loove the first snow!! I was up at my parents this wekend, and I was so bummed about missing the snow, but they ended up geting alot too. There is nothing prettier than the first snow!! I'm ready for Christmas!