Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day




So the New Year has come. It arrived at my house with little fanfare.

Today I am enjoying a good book, some cooking shows on public television, and some solitude. I am also happy to report that I just picked up some antibiotics and eye drops so hopefully I will be back on my game soon! Unfortunately I was ill for most of the past few weeks which meant poor Aidan had a pretty boring winter break. There was no Holidazzle, no cookie baking, no sledding....... but lots of couch/snuggle time, not a bad trade-off in my mind, but he may not agree.



Looking back, the last year has been one of uncertainty and changes. And at this point I am very uncertain about what the next year will bring and right now I don't even have the words to articulate what my heart is feeling.

In the meantime, I like to day-dream about making my house all white. That's crazy, I know, as my house is full of color. But a girl can dream, right?


photos found here, here, here


4 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

Happy new year, sweetie. Let's hope 2011 brings good things and peace to you.

The white house is an intriguing idea.

Valerie said...

If daydreaming about an all white house comforts you, keep dreaming. I agree with Ilona...may 2011 bring you peace.

Sarah said...

You could totally pull it off and not have it look like some upscale sanatorium! Every time I watch HGTV's Next Design Star I think of you- you could totally win that. And then you could host a show about Gorgeous Design on a Sensible (ie. craigslist and Goodwill) budget and that would be awesome because Design on a Dime is seriously the worst, most ridiculous show they have! Happy New Year to you!

swell.life said...

hoping you are on the mend!! no fun to be sick over the holidays...no fun at all. i'm trying to kick my little bug here also.

happy 2011! let's get together sooN!