Thursday, January 13, 2011

chinese new year is coming


Last year I was in a little conundrum over Chinese New Year as I couldn't figure out what to wear. Not a super big deal in the grand scheme of things, but all the other parents looked so lovely in red and there was I in black. (Because honestly I only ever usually wear grey, black and brown) I wasn't planning to purposely spend time shopping for red as I tried that last year and nothing red ever looks good to me. However if something jumped off the shelf and into my basket I would be okay with that.


So today after work I had a bag of things to return at Anthropologie and I decided to peruse the clearance racks. (after all, Tuesday is when they make their "fresh cuts.") Anyhow, a jacket that I had only ogled before just happened to be clearanced. And to make it an even better story, I have been shrinking lately and was able to fit a size 8 for the first time since I was married. And since I was returning items the jacket was almost free, right? Does it work like that in your head too?

Anyway - this year I will proudly take my place among the ranks of "Mom's in red."


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute coat! I hate red too, I look terrible in it, and over Christmas when we were visiting my parents, I was super embarrassed to find that I had only packed black tops.. for the whole 4 days. Oops! :)

Sarah said...

What a fun post: Such a cute top! And way to get the deal! It is so nice when everything kinda works together like that! And congrats- I hope to do some shrinking of my own here. It always makes shopping more fun.

downthegardenpath said...

oooh! Lovely - and you'll look lovely in it.

christa said...

That is exciting! I remember your anxiety about shopping for red last year - glad this year it was easy! And yay for the shrinking - you look fabulous!!