Wednesday, March 2, 2011

the color upstairs

So while I am busy eliminating the color from my downstairs I am still adding color to my upstairs. (Or at least I was. My Dad kindly came this weekend and he is helping me come up with a solid, reasonably priced option for my kitchen.)


A few weeks ago I met the lovely Jessica for some coffee and then we went to Hunt & Gather. Side note - meeting blog friends is a great idea. I have met a few over the past year and I now have real friends, not just imaginary computer friends.


Anyway, no sooner had I met her than I put her to work carrying chairs out to my car and playing the "puzzle game." (for all my thrift-store shopping, estate sale-loving-friends you know this is the game you play when you try and fit your treasures into your vehicle and hope there is still room for you.)

I found the cutest chairs that are perfect for my kitchen. They also don't creak and groan when you sit on them. (My other chairs were borderline unsafe. Cute - but unsafe and I had glued them and re-screwed them multiple times.)


Anyway - back to the chairs. They are the best color green, that kind of color you could never replicate, and they look darling with my seat cushions and decor. The only problem is that they don't fit under my kitchen table. So they make my already small kitchen seem even smaller........ I could paint them white and then they would take up less space visually, I could keep my eye out for a pedestal table on Craigslist, or I can sell them again. I am still undecided so they still are crowding my table. Any opinions? (oh - and if you have a pedestal table with a leaf you are trying to get rid of I may be your girl. It just needs to have 28 inches clearance for the chairs.)



How cute is that?

10 comments:

christa said...

LOVE the chairs! Don't paint them! Find a new table!!!

Liv said...

It makes me laugh a little to imagine you and Jessica trying to fit those into your car!

downthegardenpath said...

I agree with Christa - find another table.

downthegardenpath said...

A trestle/farm table might be an option.

Valerie said...

I, too, am with the new table crowd. The cushions look as if they were made for the chairs. Take that as a sign of serendipity.

Thanks for the new posts! Hope Aidan is feeling better. At least this loyal reader would like to hear more about how he is doing in first grade.

swell.life said...

wow wow wow naphtali these look fabulous! i went back yesterday to hunt for that little end table (in the same shade of green) that i spied upstairs that day. gone. :( so glad you were smart enough to grab these. you definitely need to change the table first. would it be possible to just chop a few inches off the legs of your existing table? that way you won't have to spend a cent. or the pedestal table would be sweet. i will keep my eyes peeled.

On Second Street said...

val - i have had some time this week so i have a whole week of posts lined up including {2} that feature Aidan. Stay tuned! And thanks for all the chair love! You convinced me - new table it is. anyone have a table to get rid of?

Barb said...

How about just having the 4 green chairs at your table, one on each side of the table until you need them for extra seating?

Anonymous said...

I have two round oak tables either one available, but no leaf. One is 42 inches and the other 54 inches and seats six easily. Just let me know. I will ask you dad if either will work, the best part, cheap. 42"-free 54" 50.00

On Second Street said...

who is the last comment from? leslie?grandma?