Saturday, March 5, 2011

I almost forgot

One of the most important celebrations of our son's school year is the Chinese New Year. They celebrated it a few weeks ago and I admit that I almost forgot to blog about it. I think it is because we were so busy celebrating!!!!! (really - We literally packed that 3 day weekend with the Science Museum, Omnitheater, Roller Derby and Shrek the Musical to name a few.)



The school has a new sign this year. I love it!


The stage is ready.



This year, 2011, is the year of the rabbit. As you can see the rabbit is chasing away the tiger, which represented 2010.

Aidan's dance this year was not as complicated as last years. He was pretty pumped though because it was a "Tae Kwon Do" dance which is pretty cool to a bunch of 6-year-old boys.







Traditionally they serve the children a Chinese meal over the lunch hour and a lot of the parents volunteer to help serve the little performers. We have so much fun with the kids!


After they eat they are treated with the "dragon dance."


We finished up the day at a Chinese restaurant and enjoyed the company of Jane, (a.k.a. Kitty Grandma)


Another Chinese New Year celebrated - another benefit we have through Yinghua. I have said this before on my blog, I was a little skeptical about the Chinese Immersion idea but it has been so much fun to see Aidan learn and I have also enjoyed the opportunity to learn about another culture.

And I must add - I am so proud of my son!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Aidan has really progressed since last year. Ho w exciting for all of you!

downthegardenpath said...

I'm glad you remembered!

Looks like a good time all the way around. I'm glad Jane could be there.

How did your new jacket work?