Monday, March 28, 2011

spring


according to the calendar it has arrived.



but when i look outside all i see is snow.



i am thankful for trader joe's and six dollars worth of spring. i separated the bunch and have them brightening multiple corners of the house. they are slowly opening and sharing their pink blossoms and delicate fragrance.




soon it will be summer and i will be complaining about the heat and my lack of air conditioning. Isn't that how life goes - i need to be thankful for now, for the cold and the snow and the last chances to snuggle with my six-year-old before he turns seven next week!




if you look at the picture above you can see our matching game strewn across the floor. I used to be a real pro at that game. But now he kicks.my.butt. last night i thought i would be real tricky and leave the TV on so he would be distracted during the game.




guess what. he beat me 18 to 4.




i should also be thankful for a kid who is destined to be much smarter than I am.







3 comments:

Liv said...

So pretty.

And what a proud mama you must be.

christa said...

i LOVE your new colors down there. it took me awhile to figure out which room this was - looks so peaceful! nice work!!

downthegardenpath said...

I know that feeling! Knowing that your kids will surpass you in sooo many areas is, indeed, something for which to give thanks.