Monday, March 7, 2011

I kind of copied the smitten kitchen with this one. I didn't use her recipe, just her idea. I used my old standby blonde brownie recipe that I adjust depending on what taste I am looking for. I substituted some peanut butter for some of the shortening and added peanut butter chips. For the chocolate I used a Ghiradelli box mix and added a bag of chocolate chops. They were really rich and super gooey and chewy. And I admit about half-way through the "cutting process" I was ready to quit!
So don't be discouraged if you feel the same way!

3 comments:

swell.life said...

yum...ghiradelli brownie mix cannot be beat...except when it's patchworked with hearts and blondies.

downthegardenpath said...

Too cute!

Shannon said...

Hi! What a great idea. I have a 10-year-old who would love to make these. Just found your blog after visiting "Living the Swell Life" after visiting "Marta Writes." Fun to see where the net takes us! (I'm in the Twin Cities, too, by the way.) Good luck with all your painting. :-)