Sunday, February 15, 2009







One person's trash is another's treasure, right?

I found this old lamp in a "Goodwill box" in my Grandma's basement. It is an Aladdin lamp, and the feature that makes it special is that there is a light bulb above and then a little one in the base of the lamp so that the milkglass decor will illuminate when lit. The electrical cord was in sorry shape so James kindly rewired the lamp for me with a kit from Home Depot, although at the time I didn't know I could get a kit to authentically rewire here, because our rewiring job didn't include the housing in the base of the lamp. (That is a subtle hint, James, for if you ever need a gift for your wife.) The above website even has a picture of the same lamp, but doesn't say what it's value is.



Now the dilemma is a lampshade........ maybe I will have to make another trip to my Grandma's basement!

1 comment:

downthegardenpath said...

cool lamp - is it something they actually used?? or just passed from one sale box to another?? i don't remember ever seeing it. i don't like the shade they have on it in the picture you linked for the parts site...... hope you can find something that does it justice.