Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I did it.



My apologies to those of you who think beautiful wood should never be painted. I agree. Sometimes. But I also know that someday if we ever buy a larger home with a larger dining room, I would be motivated to strip the buffet and restore it to its original glory.


But right now, I am totally satisfied with the way the buffet looks. It is a perfect use of that awkward space. There are no more toy baskets and piles cluttering up the floor and catching dust bunnies because there is plenty of storage in the buffet for toys and movies. My only problem is I can't figure out how to work the TV and DVD player. Really. It took me 40 minutes to figure out how to play a 20 minute movie. But that is a whole different topic for another time. Maybe James can blog about that.





I had a bunch of yellow paint left from when I painted the stairs, and I found these knobs at Anthropologie. Perfect! Makes me want to take on another project. Kitchen cupboards maybe?


Oh - and for those of you who like History and weird information like I do, I found that my thrift store buffet was manufactured in Burlington Iowa in the early-mid 1900's by a company called Chittenden & Eastman. And if I ever found myself in Burlington I could go to the Public Library and search through all their old catalogues and find out exactly when it was produced.

5 comments:

jenica said...

Love it Naphtalie!

downthegardenpath said...

looks good. love the knobs. when does the tv go up on the wall??

JG Collection said...

looks GREAT!!

MB said...

i don't know how you do it!

Valerie said...

Looks great and much more appropriate painted given the room.

Looking forward to seeing you and Aidan this weekend.