Friday, October 30, 2009

And the winner is.........


..........Mary Beth. And since you live nearby you can stop by sometime and choose something from my sewing room. How does that sound? But not until the boy pictured below is feeling better.



This couch is where he spent the majority of his time today, which made me a winner today too. He slept and watched movies off and on all day, so as you can see by the state of my living room in the picture below, I had lots of time to do some painting today. As a matter of fact it is almost completed, I just have to finish touching up some edges tomorrow. I love it!

All I wanted to do tonight was to sit and stare and soak up the new colors, but all the furniture is covered with toys and curtains. I am so excited about how it turned out!

So stay tuned.... hopefully I will have more pictures for you soon.

I think we will be housebound again tomorrow so I should have plenty of time.
Poor Aidan not only missed his field trip today, but we were going to carve pumpkins tonight, and tomorrow he will miss his new Tae Kwon Do class and Halloween festivities with neighborhood friends, along with our long-awaited family photos which we will have to reschedule. I took his temp before bed and it was back up to 104. Even in his feverish state he knew that number meant trouble, and he started to cry hot little tears, "I knew it! I am not going to be able to go trick-or-treating tomorrow." So much disappointment in two days for that child! Maybe some of our neighbor friends will let us trick or treat later this week. If not for his sake, for ours! I try not to buy candy so his inability to trick-or-treat affects James and I too!

3 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

awwww. i'm sorry to hear he's still not feeling well. so many disruptions

marybeth said...

yay me :)
yes, it will be while until i step into the h1n1 house :) so you have plenty of time to sew me up something really nice :) :) j/k
sorry about aidan...give him lots of snuggles.

Marijean said...

Don't worry about the candy. If he's well enough to travel next weekend, he will get PLENTY of it at G'ma Jean's house :-) Hope you will be able to make it.