Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another venture

I admit, I have been MIA this week. I thought the week after the Chinese new year would be one of relaxation and a time to enjoy the Olympics. Did I say how busy we have been? Right.


And I bet you would be really surprised if I told you Aidan was sick again. Yes. Last weekend through Tuesday, then he recovered enough to go to school, eat some ice cream and beat me on the Wii, then he was sick again, missing the end of the school week. These days will come to an end, won't they?


Thankfully he made a full recovery yesterday as we are expecting a houseful of neighbors tonight. All the kids are going to a different neighbors house, and then we are hoping to have a nice adult-only evening here with appetizers and desserts. (And for any neighbors reading this- I have been running around the house with a bottle of disinfectant, so you should all be safe!)


Another project that has been occupying my week is here. That's right - I'm helping organize an art fair for Aidan's school as a fundraiser. I am pretty excited, but that also means I have lot of sewing to do in the next few weeks. So if you don't see me here, I may be busy here, or I may just head out of town in search of some sunshine and R & R. Not sure but I am keeping my options open.



So - if you are a local artist and you read my blog (or if you know an artist that may want a prime spot at the NE Art-a-Whirl) , feel free to contact me if you are interested in a table at Yinghua, or if you live far away (ahem, Mom) you can participate too! For more information you can email me at yinghuaartfair@gmail.com.

No comments: