Monday, February 22, 2010

More recipes....

This post is actually more of a confession. Even as my fingers are flying across the keyboard I wonder if I should really share the secret I am about to divulge. No, it is nothing juicy or gossipy or big, it is just that while I am typing I am eating this dip like it is my job. It is one of my absolute favorites, and I rarely make it because I can't help myself when I do. As a matter of fact, I gave away most of it to a few of my neighbors so I wouldn't eat the leftovers, and I on purpose included all the dipping items I had thinking then I wouldn't be tempted as much and the bowl of dip would go bad before I finished it off.


Wrong. So wrong.


I had one of those days today. Then tonight, in a real display of good parenting, I took my kid to McDonald's and Chuckie Cheese's with a friend, (Aidan's first time there, and maybe last) and then after a whirlwind stop at Urgent Care, I came home to sit at the computer and get to work - both on my real work and the art fair. Then I had some wine........ and I started to relax and lose focus........and then my mind started wandering towards the fridge and the almost-empty bowl of coconut dip.......... and I had a brilliant thought........... "Who needs cookies? Why don't I dip Aidan's leftover Valentines chocolate in it????"




Seriously. Brilliant. Idea.



Forget vanilla cookies and pineapple - make this dip and then serve it with chocolate.





I was supposed to have a picture for you, but all I have left is the empty bowl. And no, I didn't eat it all tonight. There was actually only about 2 TBSP left. But if there would have been more I probably would have eaten it.

Coconut Dip

2 blocks cream cheese, softened. ( I use the fat free.)

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup powdered sugar

1 carton cool whip

1 bag flaked coconut.

Mix the cream cheese until smooth, add the sugar and vanilla and the coconut. gradually add in the whipped cream.

Be creative - serve with fruit, cookies or chocolate. So good.


3 comments:

Valerie said...

I am tempted to hit the grocery store on my way to work. Sounds absolutely delicious!

downthegardenpath said...

what a combination - I'm already wondering what event would be coming up to justify making it....

Christina said...

You had me at coconut and chocolate. Yum.