Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Start them young





Yes, you are correct. That is indeed a picture of Aidan with a massive knife.

He chopped up a whole leek for me.




And then he ate his pea and leek soup with pleasure, because he knew everything that went into it. I am telling you, it works. What kid wouldn't want to eat the food he chopped with a massive, dangerously sharp knife? (although I did add the sauerkraut when he wasn't looking, but he never noticed because it looked just like the leeks in the soup. And no, I don't like sauerkraut but it was great in this recipe.







(The orange stuff on the bread is smoked Gouda spread from Whole Foods. A friend brought some over a few weeks ago when we were sewing and now I can't get enough of it! I need a recipe to make my own. Anyone have one?)


1 comment:

MB said...

way to go aidan....i wouldn't eat it :)