Thursday, December 11, 2008

End of an Era

I don't think many of my readers are local, but if you are, you might know that today was the last day of the Morning Show on MPR. I have been listening to their quirky humor and eclectic selection of music for almost two decades now, so I am a little sad to see them go. I became a faithful listener while I was in college, thanks to the influence of one Mr. Rodgers. (Not the guy in a sweater,) and I have been enjoying them on my way to work ever since. Their show is where I first became familiar with Eva Cassidy, now one of my favorite singers, and they also introduced me to such songs as " Smokers outside the Hospital Door." (Yes people, it really is a song.)

So today I was tuned in for the last time as I waited in the long line of traffic on I-169 on my way to Plymouth.

What will I listen to now on my way to work?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was feeling so sad today for the very same reason as you, and I thought how no one would understand it, but I have found a fellow MPR lover. SO sad, great guys! :) Hope you're doing well!

Secondstreetdesigns said...

I am glad someone else can feel my pain!