Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving......

I know I am tardy in blogging! We had a busy Thanksgiving week, as I am sure most of you had. I hope you all enjoyed your families, turkey and fun memories as much as we did. I meant to take pictures chronicling our entire week of festivities so I could get lots of mileage with my blog posts, but instead I have a random smattering of pictures. Although I seem to have a lot of Charlie and Aidan on the couch........ which is exactly where Charlie is not supposed to be.



Here is my sunshine licking the bowl. We tried making Martha Stewart's chocolate pumpkin pie. I have to admit, the pie (or maybe the cook) received mixed reviews. If you are a traditional pumpkin pie lover I would not recommend it. But if you love pumpkin pie lattes it may be right up your alley.
Hmmmmm.... sadly the only good shot I took at Kahl's. (and I might add - the lack of pictures is by no means a reflection on the good time we had! It just means I am not a good photo-journalist.)


This was the beginning of my attempt to chronicle our Thanksgiving dinner. I meant to start with the decorations......

and plates.....



and preparations........


and this is the last shot I took. Good intentions, but I certainly fell short this time!
So, as I am going to try and get more mileage out of my pictures, these are all the pictures you be be seeing today. Stay tuned for tomorrow. ( I sure hope the anticipation doesn't keep you awake tonight!)


4 comments:

Valerie said...

I was just glad to see a new posting. I was going into Secondstreetdesigns withdrawal. We will have to start a support group. I can see it now..."My name is Valerie and I am a blog junkie." You sound only moderately stressed out.

Kari said...

Looks like my kind of Thanksgiving. That recipe for Pumpkin pie looks really good. Maybe I'll try it for Christmas. Can't wait to see more of your pics...whenever you decide to post them.

jenica said...

Looks/sounds delicious! Was that cranberry bread?
Can't wait until tomorrow. ;)

Secondstreetdesigns said...

Wow,I better step it up, because I would hate for you to go into withdrawel. Though I admit, when I don't blog, i go into "comment withdrawal!"

And the bread was a yeasted cranberry cornbread. I think I might do a blog post about it..... it is from the most amazing book.