Thursday, July 23, 2009

Val's Visit

Hmmmm...... already a week has past and I have barely had time to sit at the computer. This week all the blueberries and cherries I ordered from a local orchard arrived, so I have been been busy canning jams and freezing berries for use this winter! We also are getting ready to leave for a week, so I am trying to keep up with laundry/yardwork etc, while I am packing and shopping for the trip. I could really use a few more hours in my day.




Anyway, we had a delightful visit with Val and friends, and we spent a few days wandering aimlessly around the Cities. You would be proud - for all the great shops we visited none of us really spent any money. We tried, but there was always someone around to talk you out of your purchase.

We enjoyed a lovely lunch here. Our table spent most of the meal "oohing and aahhing" over each other's food and its presentation, all of which was amazing! Definitely a "must eat!" And for sure a place I plan to revisit.

I took lots of pictures, but thanks to some glitch with our Microsoft upgrade I can't rearrange them without major headache. So they are out of order and that is how they are going to stay.

He really is a good little shopper.


He wanted to buy these for James but I told him "Daddy would think the picture was just as funny!"

We did buy a bag of marbles at the Essence of Nonsense. It is one of the all-time greatest toy stores ever. Although I may regret my decision to buy the marbles. We have played nonstop all week, and I keep stepping on stray marbles on my way through the living room.







One of my favorite little shops. Again - we walked away empty-handed! Pretty amazing!



Eating lunch at Blondies.



Fun in the fabric store



Val talking Barb out of some fabric... that I had just tried to talk Barb into buying!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I have missed your posts!

I loved all your pictures and hearing about your week.

Sounds like you have been very, very busy! Val told me about the idea for a new potential market. Sounds like a good one!

Have a great trip!