Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cucumber Dip

We have had lots of cucumbers in our CSA boxes this summer. This is on of my favorite recipes, I love to eat it as a dip, but a it is kind of similar to raita I also enjoy it with rice. You can play alot with it- add mint instead of dill, add other veggies as more of a salad, or you can enjoy it this way. Regardless it is a light refreshing summer food.





Cucumber Dip:
2 cucumbers. ( you can peel or not) chopped fine into little pieces, about 1/8- 1/4 inch
1 pkg cream cheese, whipped
1/2 cup yogurt or Mayonnaise
couple bunches of fresh dill, chopped
juice of a lemon or lime
salt to taste






Blend the cream cheese and yogurt, adding the lemon/lime and mix until smooth. Add cuke's and dill, season with salt to taste. Serve with chips/crackers or veggies. Or go all out and scoop up with Frito's. ( I really like the chips pictured above. You can buy them in the organic section of your grocery store.)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thank you- I'll think I'll make this soon. I've got pita chips to use up and LOTS of fresh carrots! Yum... I'm excited!!