Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Girls Weekend

Last weekend I went with some girlfriends to a ladies retreat in Westby WI. I had debated going, I felt rather guilty for leaving Aidan for the weekend, and I vacillated until almost the last minute!



But I am so glad I went, it was fun to catch up with old friends, make some new ones, and it was rather appropriate that the topic for the weekend was "Transitions in Your Season of Life." We had shed a few tears on our way down to WI talking about the transitions we are experiencing right now and so the entire weekend was relevant and I am thankful I went!


Here are a few pictures- mostly from a few hours we spent checking out the Amish. We were trying to find Christa a nice, beardless guy she could convert/corrupt but to no avail. Not that we didn't see any, we saw quite a few in fact, but you know they don't have phone numbers or Facebook.

we drove through the countryside and eventually stopped at a little house with s sign for maple syrup. It turned out the lady had a magnificent garden that we toured and every year she sells perennials. It was amazing- my photos don't do it any justice, but I hope you can just get an idea of how beautiful it was.






































































2 comments:

christa said...

thanks for posting - your pictures turned out so good. but you're right, the garden ones just don't do it justice! i had a blast with you this weekend!

Valerie said...

So glad you seized the moment to hit the road. Loved the photos of the trip and the fair!

I have finally started blogginng again and will get the package(and a long email) off to you soon.