Saturday, July 17, 2010

Did I mention


we had a bumper crop of sour cherries this year?

(we usually have 2 or 3 jars!)



And check out these new one gallon jars from Ball. I found them at Target for only $12.99 - but they aren't stocked at all the stores so I had to do some searching.



I also froze some, Mom, so I can make dad a pie or a crisp when we visit later this summer.

Our cherry liqueur is a big hit on Second Street and last year we skimped on giving it to family so we could enjoy it in our neighborhood, but we found out that some of our family really were looking forward to their annual bottle. So this year we should be able to make everyone happy - with some to spare!

1 comment:

jenica said...

Yummm...fresh cherries! Beautiful, too.

I saw those ball jars at Wal-Mart for 9.99. I was so tempted.