Thursday, July 29, 2010

A few weeks ago..........

............I bought my own laptop. I envisioned I could blog at the kitchen table, or sit on the couch and blog while Aidan took a bath. I pictured myself busy in the kitchen watching old movies live stream on Netflix. I would no longer have to arm-wrestle James for use of the computer in the evenings when I wanted to do yoga from Yoga Today. Recipes would be at my fingertips. I assumed I would really be on top of things if I had a laptop.

I have been back from vacation for over a week now and the laptop has remained idle at the kitchen table. My wireless reception downstairs is a little spotty, and of course I want to be where the action is! Earlier this week I had the brilliant idea I would blog outside on my front step which was a fine and dandy plan until Aidan got a little wild with the hose. As far as the laptop in the kitchen, right now it is so hot we have our window AC unit running which is just enough background noise that it drowns out my computer speakers, and it is very hard to watch a movie when you are trying to make pickles. And honestly, when forced to choose between heat & movie or AC & quiet I obviously chose the latter. (I was trying to watch "A Streetcar Named Desire" this week because Steph and I are going to see the show at the Guthrie next week. I finally ended up watching it on our TV after I was done pickling. And yes, you read that right. My brother is responsible for my current pickling fever, I will tell you all about it after I finally finish telling you about my trip.)

So that is where I have been folks. Not blogging. Not sitting at my laptop. Just busy. How about you?

4 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

It sounds like Jacob may have a lot to answer for at Christmas - guess who else has been talking about pickles?

Valerie said...

Trust me...I am not on the pickle bandwagon, but I am an AC girl all the way.

How was your birthay?

Jill said...

oh yea! Bread and butter pickles here! Just getting started..need to go buy a mandolin slicer.

Can't decide if I wanna seal them or just do refridgerator ones (more crisp and crunchier, I think) ...

What are you doing?? Get on that fancy laptop and post!

Stephanie said...

I think you need to do a full post on your pickle obsession. Just let it all out Naphtali.