Saturday, July 3, 2010

Double the fun!

A few weeks ago a friend and I threw a baby shower for one of our co-workers. Kandi is expecting twins in a few weeks after years of struggles and in-vitro. She is having both a boy and a girl and we were all so thankful to be able to celebrate with her.




Thanks to Jessica's fabulous tutorial we had pinwheel decorations and favors. I have to say, they are so much fun to make I just kept going until I had over fifty! And I can't wait for an excuse to make some more!














There were lots of little "princes and princesses" at the shower too, so there was a lot of twirling going on. And the decorations all became toys. Nothing better for kids than mouthfuls of soggy tissue paper dahlia's and thumbtacks and pencils from the pin-wheels, right?




We served food potluck style and I tried a new recipe I heard on The Splendid Table. So good!
(I couldn't find it online but here is the basic premise. If you need an easy appetizer that doesn't require a lot of putzing you make a pie crust, then you scour your kitchen to find toppings such as fresh herbs, cheese, olive oil, fruit, sun-dried tomatoes, the possibilities are endless. How easy is that?????)
























No comments: