Thursday, October 28, 2010

The next chapter


It has been a busy week. We arrived home from my parents last Sunday night and have been going non-stop ever since. I have pictures to share but I am trying to finish up the party, so the Colorado pics will have to wait. In the meantime I will share our menu with you - Saturday night is the big night and I think we are ready. I finished up all my grocery shopping today and I have been able to make some headway with the cooking this evening - I could do more if I had a bigger fridge. Right now I have tomatoes roasting in the oven in olive oil and sea salt. They taste best room temperature and are delightful by themselves or you can freeze them and use them in soups and stews throughout the winter. They are so good and will be included in our antipasti.

Speaking of antipasti - here is our menu! I am in charge of the antipasti, mushroom lasagna and tiramisu. Wish me luck!



Antipasti:
Pomodori al Forno (oven-candied tomatoes)
Fagioli toscani con Cipole Rosse e salame (Tuscan white beans)
Eggplant marinara flatbread
Insalata de melane (salad of cantaloupe, black pepper and prosciutto)
Insalata de mele acetose ed erba cipollina (sweet-tart salad of apples, sorrel and basil)
Patate con rucola (Roasted potatoes with wilted arugula)
Marinated vegetables (mushrooms, asparagus, cauliflower, artichokes, cipollini onions, peppers)
Insalata di pomodori e mozzarella (tomato-mozzarella salad with pine nuts and basil)
Italian Cheese platter – Robiola, Pecorino Tuscano, Fontina Val D’Aosta, Gorgonzola Dulce,
Parmigiano Reggiano
Olives – Castelvetrano Italian olives, Garlic stuffed Greek olives, Barese Italian green olives, Barese Italian black olives

Main Course:
Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Free Range Chicken Supreme with Lemon Caper Sauce
Salmon with Wine, Rosemary and Garlic
Veal Lasagna Vini Grassi
Wild Mushroom Lasagna

Dessert:
Tiramisu
Apple tart
picture found here

2 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

It sounds great - I'm assuming the night will be a success and the tribute you wanted for Darlene. What will you be wearing?

Valerie said...

What a menu! Can't wait to see photos and to read the final chapter.