Sunday, October 10, 2010

Seeing Clearly


This past week I did something I never thought I would ever do.



Lasik surgery.



James had his eyes done a few years ago and had nothing but problems so after seeing his recovery I thought to myself, "There is no way I will ever do that!"


However, this year my eyes really started to rebel against my contacts. I tried new contacts, better contacts, less contacts, and they just weren't happy. Suddenly Lasik didn't seem like such a bad option. I mean, have you ever tried swimming in the ocean with glasses on? or yoga? or what about jogging? Not to mention the nice little line of inflamed pores under my frames. So I signed myself up and had the procedure on Tuesday. My dear friend Steph kindly gave me a ride home and entertained Aidan for the evening, and when I woke up the next morning everything was clear.


Amazing.



If only life could be that easy, eh?


I haven't been able to try my "new eyes" out yet - no yoga or jogging for a week, but I have to say that seeing the alarm clock in the middle of the night is wonderful. James also had halos at night from day 1 of his recovery, but I do not seem to have that problem yet.


So if you are on the fence about Lasik - I would say to go for it. The cost was about the same as 4 years of eye exams and contact refills, or 2-3 pair of new glasses. Totally worth it.





3 comments:

christa said...

yay!! i'm so glad it worked for you!

Stephanie said...

You left out the part about the smell of burning flesh! I still can't get that thought out of my head! :)

Valerie said...

How exciting! I am also glad the surgery worked well for you. Because it went well from the beginning, you shouldn`t experience any problems. Now all you have to do is build up your supply of fabulous sun glasses!