Friday, October 22, 2010

Rosemary

Did you know that Rosemary is an herb of "love and remembrance?"

I didn't either when I decided to make Rosemary Sea Salt as a party favor, but knowing that minor detail makes the idea even better, don't you think?


I wanted to make party favors that guests can use throughout the next year with the hopes that as they use them they think of Darlene. She probably won't be here much longer and I like to imagine that when they are all home in their kitchens and they reach for their bottle of vanilla or jar of sea salt they will smile, remembering Darlene and her last little trip to Italy that they were able to share with her.


Kim made the labels for me as well, and I found little jars on clearance at Crate and Barrel.

They are all washed and ready, as I will make the salt next week when I am home from Colorado, and the little bottles of vanilla are labeled and waiting for the big event.
Love and remembrance, perfect, isn't it?


1 comment:

Barb said...

The rosemary salt sounds like a fun thing to make for Christmas present. I've not seen a recipe exactly like this before.