Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Now what?

So I am busy planning, trying to line up dates. Darlene is ill, very ill and we need to pull this off in a hurry. Unfortunately my local chef is not able to participate on such short notice, so I go and lament to my physician( which I will keep calling him to protect his name), "What are we going to do? It won't be as much fun without a celebrity. Surely you have to know someone who is a great chef? Don't you have any favors you can call in????"

He responded, "Didn't you know that BT is an amazing cook? He auctions off a gourmet meal at the Crystal Ball every year and it is always a hot item." (BT is one of our surgeons, he is from NYC has a great accent and a super personality. And I will just continue to call him BT to keep his name out of google searches.)

So, fast forward a lot of details, we have a chef, a venue, a date, board approval, invites and a .........(drumroll please) photographer.


I hit up a couple local photographers and asked if they would be willing to do some pro-bono work. I figure - a house full of physicians and administrators - that is free advertising. Some of the guests are just starting their families, others will be planning weddings, so what better opportunity, right?

J.Kesterson Photography has graciously agreed to help me out. You will have to check out his photo blog, or his wife's blog, which is absolutely charming and one of my favorite blogs to read.

So things are looking up, the details are falling into place and the party is going to be a reality.


Now to plan a menu.



But that is another story. I will give you a hint though, this is what I am going to be wearing at the party.






1 comment:

Micah said...

I've been really enjoying your party updates. Love the dress too! Can't wait to read the next installment