Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Projects

We had three Aidan-less days this holiday. We left Aidan at Kitty Grandma's for a few days because I didn't have daycare last week. I would love to say we spent three amazing nights out - just James and I - enjoying little dates, but in reality we just played catch-up around the house, and we also took a few naps. Pretty exciting, eh?




I took advantage of my time without Aidan and sorted and cleared out lots of toys, as well some of the other "stuff" we have in overabundance. This included taking a huge car load to the Goodwill, posting some items on Craigslist and Ebay, and I keep running across more I could get rid of! I also ran a bunch of errands, used up some gifts cards, made some exchanges, etc, all without having to worry about lunch and snacks and potty breaks. It was nice, but I found myself talking to myself........ and that's all I will say on that!




And I finally had the chance to hang some pictures on James' office wall. I edited and blew up some of his China photos, and then also some random photos from places we have been in the past year. I love how that wall turned out.


I am not as keen on my other project. I have been wanting to hang a random assortment of plates above the stove in the kitchen. I had some cute vintage-looking cherry plates hanging there, but then people would always think I must love cherry decor, and bring me little cherry presents....... which isn't the look I was going for, I just wanted retro. So I hung the plates up, and then rearranged and hung again, so now there are multiple nail holes above the stove, which is the only thing holding me back from taking all the plates down and just having the clock above the stove. I am not really in the mood to spackle 20 holes and repaint the wall, so you will have to give me your opinion. I thought it would be fun because I could even change the plates seasonally if I liked, but now I am not so sure.


So what do you think? Do I need to dig out my spackle?????

2 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

i like it. you don't get a lot of detail from the photos but isn't that how most people will see it as they stand in your kitchen??

Valerie said...

I vote to take them down. Just the fact that you are asking the opinions of your faithful readers means you really don't like them. If you truly loved the look, you would give a fig what we think.

And regarding that comment about slipping into Mexico for a visit in February, seriously? Or were you checking to see if I read comments posted on my blog?

Of course you are welcome. I would love to have you here.