Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Seriously!

To all those nameless New Years Resolutioners at the Roseville Lifetime Fitness - listen up!

Why must you talk on your phone so loud the whole gym can hear you? And do you really think it is cool to drape your coats and bags all over the equipment , which means I either have to move on to another piece, remove your stuff, or find you to ask you to move it.... what is up with that? And I am glad you want to be healthy and all that, but when I am focused on the treadmill, with my music obviously blaring because you had to ask me your question three times, can't you read the little instructions on your machine and figure out how to use it yourself? Or ask a trainer? Do I look that nice and approachable even covered in sweat? I mean, really. It isn't enough that I now have to park a mile away to even get into the gym, you also limit the times I can get in because suddenly childcare is always full.

All I can say, is I can't wait until March.

P.S. And to any of my nice readers who feel insulted by my tirade, I am really happy you want to work out and be healthier in 2009. I am even going to write a blog post on my resolutions, if I can squeeze in some computer time. (James has been cleaning his office for what seems like forever, and that means he is in here every night until 12:00 a.m. or so) So keep up the good work! Keep working out! Just not at my gym.

6 comments:

downthegardenpath said...

what happens in march??

christa said...

I hear you completely! I hate going to the gym from January to March because it's so busy. I call it the resolution rush.

Secondstreetdesigns said...

they all quit after their three month membership expires.

JG Collection said...

LOL!!! Great venting blog....loved it!! They have lockers for a reason PEOPLE!! ...and yes you look like a very approachable person ;)

jenica said...

There are very interesting things that go on in a gym...
One of my favs was a middle age woman practicing her "cartwheels" with her shirt going almost over her head...over and over. In the cardio room.
Or people who workout in jeans - huh?
So, go ahead, vent. Don't mind if I do, too.

Secondstreetdesigns said...

or people who clip their toenails naked, and put their legs up on the sink to do it. :)