Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sick days

We do things like eat supper in our jammies.

We had some yummy chicken and rice soup for our colds.


Three extra days of being indoors also found me getting some projects done, some were necessary, others probably were a little over the top. I also get three new pairs of pants - new because I finally hemmed three pairs that had been hanging in my sewing room for months.


I decided to take inventory of my cupboards. We don't have a "pantry" in our old kitchen, all our goods are just shoved into the dark recesses of the cupboards. I can never remember what I have, so I end up buying more - which is why I found countless cans of cream of chicken soup when I cleaned!

Now I have an inventory posted that works well with my shopping list system. I know, I do have OCD tendencies....but imagine all the time I will save, I won't have to root through cupboards looking for things I thought I had. We'll see how long the system lasts.


But one thing I didn't get to do was go to the gym thanks to my sick kid. So I need to go spend some quality time in front of the TV. A friend recommended Jillian Michaels "Shred" DVD (which is on sale at Walmart for $9.00 right now.) So I will try it out and let you know what I think!

2 comments:

jenica said...

Sorry for the sickness. Glad you're getting stuff done, though.

We have a bug or two at our house also.
And I have the same shopping list, love it!

I'll have to look into that dvd. I need some at home options for this time of year. Do let us know what you think.

christa said...

my mom has done the same thing with all her kitchen cupboards. so now when you take something out, you have to cross it off the list. hilarious that someone else is doing it too. i thought she was just weird :) guess there's two of you! i know, i know, i'll be doing it too someday!!

hope you and aidan are feeling better soon!