Monday, March 16, 2009

Today



we are home. Aidan and I both have some nasty bug. He spent most of the night coughing, while I spent most of the night mulling over my CSA options. ( I did decide, by the way! I am so excited. Our first box will be ready for pick-up in May. Anyone have any good recipes for sorrel or ramps? We also will be getting parsnips, spinach, rhubarb, and pussy willow's, among other things.)


We also made some progress in the TV department! It is now mounted, thanks to Mike and Nick (James' friends and his brother) who stopped by last weekend. (And thanks to Joey and Anna who gave us the mount!) I like having the TV mounted, because I feel like the chances of a stray basketball knocking it over are far less, but I don't like that I can't hide all the cords and equipment, and they look untidy no matter how I try and rearrange. I guess that is the cost of progress...........

So there, the television story is over. After 8 years of marriage we have finally become like all the other people out there with big TV's mounted on their wall, and my rear end is proof. I have wasted more time watching TV in the past few weeks than I have in the past 8 years. Honest. Although I am hoping the 60 degree weather and extra sunshine will help break the horrible cycle. Now, if I could just get off the computer............

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Drill a small hole in the wall behind the tv and run the cords down through the wall. That's what I have seen other people do. I looks good!

Anonymous said...

Is that Jillian Michaels on the TV?

downthegardenpath said...

there ar e also tubes - similar to pipe insulation - that while not eliminating the cords can at least corral them into a neater package. i'm sure that with a little thought and imagination you'll come up with something.

downthegardenpath said...

are you going to eat or plant the pussy willows??

Anonymous said...

A couple of websites with recipess for your goodies arriving in May:

http://southernfood.about.com/cs/ramps/a/ramps.htm and http://twosmallfarms.blogspot.com/2007/03/sorrel-recipes.html