Saturday, March 14, 2009

You might think


from reading my blog that all I do is cook and eat. I will admit, I do love to do both, however I am trying to cook healthy, fresh meals so that I can still fit into my favorite jeans. I made the mistake of wearing some jeans today that I have had for almost 10 years. Always depressing, as they just don't fit the way they used to, but at least the tight waistband helped remind me not to eat so much - which was a challenge today. Aidan and I started the day by making these delicious muffins, and then for dinner we had some friends over and enjoyed this, this and even this! (and I don't even like cabbage!) I know you can find the recipes online, but seriously people, you should buy this book! Each chapter weaves together moments from Molly's life and the recipes that accompanied them; simple, delightful, mouthwatering recipes, and a great read as well.


Yesterday I was reading the book while I waited for James to be done with whatever he was doing so we could go out to eat. Silly girl. I was all offended when he changed his mind and thought we should stay in for supper, when instead I should have been thankful he had just presented me the perfect opportunity to put my love of cooking into action. I dare say we ate much better than we would if we had eaten out - and that - in a nutshell, is the story of the book.

No comments: